The UKRSF document check process has a 3 tiered Route nomination method to support your DBS Check application.
Route 1 is automatically the preferred method of all online applications. The alternative routes (2 & 3) will only be attempted should you fail to comply with route 1.
The following ID requirements are the official DBS Identity Checking Guidelines. This link provides you the relevant document list of Identification at the bottom of the page.
DBS Route 1
- A minimum of 3 documents must be presented
- At least one document must be a ‘Primary Trusted Document’ from Group 1 (Driving Licence or Passport taking priority)
- At least one document must show the current address
- At least one document must show date of birth
- All documents must be in the current name (although statements and letters can be in joint names, provided the applicant’s name is clearly identifiable)
If the applicant does not possess sufficient documents to submit a Route 1 application, they must sign a declaration form to confirm this and proceed with a Route 2 application.
NOTE – Non-EEA Nationals:
All Non-EEA Nationals should be validated via Route 1 only.
DBS Route 2
If a Route 1 application is not possible, then the applicant must submit their application following Route 2. The Route 2 documents are:
- A minimum of 3 documents (but more is better).
- At least one document from Group 2a, plus two additional documents from Group 2a or Group 2b.
- All documents must be in the applicant’s current name.
- At least one document must show the applicant’s current address.
- At least one document must show the applicant’s date of birth.
- A Third Party ID Verification Check, including an ID Check consent form. The check is paid for by the applicant.
DBS Route 3
If the ID check fails, then we will contact the applicant to confirm the DBS Route 3 application process, which requires a UK Birth Certificate plus 1 document from group 2a and 3 documents from group 2a or 2b, making 5 documents in total.